Boathouse Row Hamilton Inc (including Boathouse and Blackwell Supply co websites)
Why We Collect And How We Use information
We collect and use Information for business purposes with respect to your business and other business relationships involving you. These business purposes include, but not limited to other products or services, administering our products or services and processing transactions requested by you. We may also use Information to offer you other products or services that we provide.
How We Collect Information
In order to use buy a product from us, a user must complete a registration form ("The registration form"). The registration form asking for the following Information:
- Contact Information (i.e. name, email address, phone number): This Information is used to contact you about services on our site for which you have expressed interest or if there is a problem with an order you've placed. We may also reach out to you if you have left an item in your cart.
- Financial Information (i.e. credit card number, expiration date): This Information is solely used for billing purposes and to fill customer's order. It is not saved or recorded past the point it is required for the transaction in accordance with the PCI Data Security Standard
- Demographic Information (i.e. income level, gender) & Unique Identifiers (i.e. Social Insurance Number): This Information is optional but encouraged so we can offer a more personalized experience on our site
We also collect your personal information to provide you the best products and service, including but not limited to situations when you:
- make purchases or returns on our online store
- communicate with our customer service representatives
- join the Boathouse loyalty rewards program
- sign up for our Email Newsletter
- enter into a contest, promotion or survey
- engage with Boathouse on social media
We collect personal information about you for various purposes, including
- manage our business and to register and maintain accurate accounts for you
- verify your identity for our mutual protection
- verify your eligibility for, and/or to provide you with, products, services and promotions
- provide you with information about our products, services and promotions
- generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
How We Protect This Information
We treat Information in a confidential manner. Our employees are required to protect the confidentiality of all Information. Employees may access Information only when there is an appropriate reason to do so, such as to administer or offer our products or services. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect Information; these safeguards comply with all applicable laws. Employees are required to comply with our established policies.
Information Disclosure: We may disclose any Information when we believe it necessary for the conduct of our business, or where law requires disclosure. For example, Information may be disclosed to others, including independent contracted consultants who help sell and administer our products and services, to enable them to provide business services for us, to perform general administrative activities such as maintaining existing accounts, or to otherwise assist us in servicing or processing a Boathouse related product or service requested or authorized by you. Information may be disclosed to others that are outside company, such as companies that process data for us, companies that provide general administrative services for us and consumer-reporting agencies. We will make other disclosures of Information as permitted by law.
We may also provide Information: (i) to others outside of our company, such as marketing companies and independent agents, to assist us in offering our products and services to you, and (ii) to technology services companies outside of our company with which we have a joint marketing agreement, such as an agreement with another firm to enable us to offer you that firm's products and/or services, and (iii) we use an outside shipping company to ship orders and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. Companies with which we share customer information are required to maintain the confidentiality of that information. We do not make any other disclosures of Information to other companies who may want to sell their products or services to you. For example, we will not sell your name to a catalogue company. We may disclose any Information on a generalized and non-specific basis for reporting or auditing purposes.
Access to and Correction of Information: Generally, upon your written request, we will make available Information for your review. Information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of, any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available. If you notify us that the Information is incorrect, we will review it. If we agree, we will correct our records. If we do not agree, we will include a record of the substance of the dispute in any future disclosure of Information.
Information from Other Sites via boathousestores.com: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we at Boathouse are not responsible for the privacy practices/policies of such other sites. This statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Contests, Promotions & Surveys: Occasionally we will have contests, promotions and/or survey that are hosted either exclusively at boathousestores.com, jointly between boathousestores.com and our retail locations or solely at our retail locations ('marketing mediums'). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose their information. The Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), demographic information (such as postal code, age level). Any requests that are made via boathousestores.com for bill transaction numbers are optional, all contests that are run via our marketing mediums do not require a purchase in order to enter.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: